Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a condition that causes pain and stiffness in the shoulder joint. It can make it difficult to move the shoulder, and can make everyday activities such as dressing, bathing, and brushing your hair difficult.
Naturopathic Treatment for Frozen Shoulder
There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for frozen shoulder, but naturopathic medicine can offer a variety of natural and effective options. Naturopathic doctors (NDs) use a holistic approach to treating frozen shoulder, which means they consider the whole person, not just the symptoms.
Some of the natural treatments that NDs may recommend for frozen shoulder include:
- Dietary changes: NDs may recommend making dietary changes to reduce inflammation and improve joint health. This may include eating more anti-inflammatory foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and reducing intake of processed foods, sugary drinks, and saturated and unhealthy fats.
- Supplements: NDs may recommend taking supplements to reduce inflammation and improve joint health. Some of the supplements that may be helpful for frozen shoulder include omega-3 fatty acids, glucosamine and chondroitin, and turmeric.
- Herbs: NDs may recommend using herbs to reduce inflammation and improve joint health. Some of the herbs that may be helpful for frozen shoulder include ginger, turmeric, and boswellia.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to improve range of motion and reduce pain in the shoulder. NDs may work with a physical therapist to develop a personalized treatment plan.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that can help to reduce pain and improve range of motion in the shoulder. NDs may recommend acupuncture as part of a comprehensive treatment plan for frozen shoulder.
If you are suffering from frozen shoulder, talk to your ND about natural treatment options. Naturopathic medicine can offer a safe and effective way to relieve pain and improve range of motion in the shoulder.
Here are some additional details about frozen shoulder and how naturopathic medicine can help:
- Frozen shoulder is a common condition, affecting up to 5% of people.
- The exact cause of frozen shoulder is unknown, but it is thought to be caused by a combination of factors, including inflammation, injury, and overuse.
- Frozen shoulder typically goes through three stages: freezing, frozen, and thawing.
- The freezing stage can last for 3-9 months.
- The frozen stage can last for 4-12 months.
- The thawing stage can last for 1-2 years.
- Naturopathic medicine can help to reduce pain, improve range of motion, and speed up the recovery process.
If you are concerned about frozen shoulder, talk to your ND. They can help you to determine if naturopathic medicine is right for you and develop a personalized treatment Plan.
Must read : Norovirus Cruise Ship Outbreaks on the Rise